- About Us
- Recent Projects
- Marine Services
- Site Map
We at Gallant Engineering can modernize and modify cranes by undertaking the following :
• HEIGHT INCREASE FOR QUAYSIDE GANTRY CRANES (QC)
Panamax cranes have lift heights that range from about 22 to 26 meters. A lift height of 30 to 33 meters, however, is needed to clear the height of containers stacked on the decks of large Panamax and Post-Panamax vessels.
Gallant Engineering can perform height increments of about 6 meters to your QC in order to achieve the target without major changes to the hoist machinery, thus making this a very cost-effective option.
• INCREASE IN OUTREACH FOR QCs
Today, Post-Panamax ships can accommodate 18 container rows or more, compared to 12–13 rows of reach which Panamax QCs have. We offer boom extensions of the length of two container rows without extensive changes to the structure and mechanisms of the cranes.
• SPAN CHANGE FOR RELOCATED RAIL-MOUNTED CRANES
For rail-mounted cranes, an increase or decrease in span is necessary when the destination terminal has a different rail gauge. Depending on the amount of span change involved and crane geometry,
one or more of the following modifications may be required :
• Portal beam lengthening and reinforcement, and repositioning of the land-side legs
• Additions to leg sections for small span changes
• Additional triangular trusses to enlarge the portal for large span changes